sNOw days off

Can't decide which was worse to run in today: the snow, the wind or the leaves hitting me in the face.. All three really blew.. (Pun intended)

I was motivated, however, by my afternoon plans. A few friends & I had a baking date: Christmas music, cupcakes and lively chatter. We decided upon chocolate cupcakes with peppermint cream cheese frosting. Completely worth the walk to the store in the freshly fallen slow. 

Meanwhile, my friend's roommate was trying a new recipe for a berry cocktail. From what I hear it was amazing.. It contained Bacardi peach rum, strained juice from fresh berries & a mint leaf. 

Cupcakes turned out amazing. We drizzled melted white chocolate peppermint on the tops & adorned them with crushed candy cane. Note to self: make sure frosting is thicker and less runny. Accidentally ended up frosting myself...  

When selecting a cupcake to test try, I like to pick the ugliest ones. Think of it as cupcake natural selection...survival of the prettiest.

Maybe a C+ for presentation but definitely an A+ for taste. Still recovering from my cupcake coma...

Completed my Christmas-themed day with emerald nail polish with gold sparkles, matching the tree in my friend's apartment. Although it's not even Thanksgiving yet, it's never too early to get into the holiday cheer!!

Mary