Brrrr-gers: Yelp Chicago Burger Binge Week

25 Degrees: delicious restaurant or temperature during my run on Friday?

Both. 

The cold weather is here once again. Almost impossible to find motivation to brave the frigid weather to run. But anything beats the treadmill.... 

First ice spotted along 56th street underneath the Metra so watch out. Ice is never fun to run in...

In honor of Yelp's Chicago Burger Binge week, a friend and I ventured off to 25 Degrees, near Clark & Chicago. Promised were $12 speciality burgers for $5 with Yelp check-in. We scouted out the menu before and were dying to try their famous spiked milkshakes. 

The decor inside was both fabulous and chic. Velvet patterned wallpaper mixed with dark woods and lovely chandeliers. Very romantic and elegant. We sat down in a booth and were met with friendly service. 

I tried both the #2 and the #3 burgers. (We went halfsies) The #2 was a brilliant combination of ground beef and pesto. I would have never thought of putting pesto on a burger but oh my it was fantastic. The #3 (my personal fav) was a burger topped with chipotle queso and avocado. The bun was toasted yet soft, a combination that meshed well with the fun flavors of the burger. 

Time for milkshakes. We split an Irish Car Bomb milkshake: chocolate ice cream with Baileys. Indescribable. Breathtaking. 

I will definitely be making a return to 25 Degrees. As far as good burger places go, it's a bit more expensive but I've also heard great things about their #4 yellow-tail burger. The shakes are to-die for and I am considering attempting to make my own rendition. Overall, a cool burger restaurant to dine at when in the loop!

Mary