2014: "Too Athletic" for 2013

A guy once told me that I'm "too athletic"

At first, I was a little concerned. Then I realized I wasn't too athletic, I was just athletic to the point of where his lazy ass felt inferior. 

Seems fitting enough then to begin 2014 with the longest run of my life to date. 10.3 miles of scenic Monon Trail from Westfield to Broad Ripple. Conviently ending at the Brugge for a late lunch of crepes, frites & salad. 

Beginning in Westfield, I started running south. It was fairly easy to be motivated mentally. 10 miles stood between me and my car, lunch & a ride home. Minus some cramping between miles 2 and 6 (horrible...) everything went well. Saw a lot of people on the Monon (getting a start on their New Year's resolutions). Miles 6-10 were a breeeze (slightly over exaggerating but they were significantly easier than the other miles). My running coaches have always said the last quarter of the run is my strong suit and this run was no different. Finished at the Brugge with a calibrated distance of 10.3 miles and roughly under 8 min pace after allowing for a couple stretching breaks. Treated myself to delicious scrambled egg, tomato, beer-carmelized onion & Swiss cheese crepes at the Brugge. Always delicious food and the perfect soccer-friendly restaurant in Indianapolis. The frites (house speciality) are always spectacular and have a variety of accompanying sauces to choose from.  Overall, a great way to start out 2014! 

Shoutout to my mom who accomplished a running streak from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day!! Her dedication and commitment continues to motivate me. What a beast. 

Mary

Running route!