Running on Christmas?

Every year I always have great intentions of taking Christmas off but for some reason..

I always end up running. 

Whether it's succumbing to an addiction or attempting to mask the guilt I feel after over-eating, my Christmas Day run has always been a great run. 

2 years ago, I ran 6 mi in the dark. Last year, I ran 8 mi in my neighborhood after I consumed enough roast beef & mashed potatoes to fill two full-grown adults. This year, I ran 4 mi to a delightful mix of Christmas songs. (And yes, I do love country Christmas music) For some reason on Christmas Day I feel unstoppable. Like I can run forever. Perhaps it is a Christmas miracle. Often during the Christmas season, we get caught up in the stresses & obligations of the holidays and forget to relax. Once Christmas arrives, we can finally breathe (and run!). 

Now it's time to start brainstorming New Years resolutions! I'm starting off 2014 with the longest run of my life: 10.5 mi. Wish me luck :)

Here's to an amazing year!!

Mary


Christmas meal
Desserts always kill me...especially cheesecake (my favorite)