Rendezvous Ribs

My cousin Gabi getting married in Texas meant one thing: 14 hour family road trip. Needless to say, I was not excited. 

My attitude changed, however, when I found out that we were stopping halfway in Memphis, Tennessee. Home of the Blues, Elvis and my personal favorite, ribs. I was thrilled to finally experience the famous dry ribs of Charlie Vergos's Rendevouz restaurant. Home of the most famous ribs since Adam. 

My mouth was watering as we walked down the alley leading to the restaurant off of Union Street. We were seated in close proximity to a showcase of pictures of famous restaurant visitors. There he was, my childhood idol Peyton Manning, smiling behind a plate of ribs. It was meant to be. 

The waiter brought the ribs out and our table immediately went silent. And if you know my family at all, you know that's a pretty big deal. We ordered two large orders of their famous ribs between my brother, dad and I. My mom opted for the chopped chicken sandwich. 

The dry rub seasoning is all it's cooked up to be. It's fantastic and unlike any other dry rub that I have ever tasted. So delicious you can eat the whole rack without sauce. The baked beans are phenomenal, sweet and savory. The coleslaw definitely has a kick- be warned. My mom was in tears but could not stop eating it. She said it was that good. 

If you are ever in Memphis, you have to stop by Rendevouz. It's a Tennessee staple. So glad I listened to all of my friends that recommended this place. Definitely made this road trip a little more enjoyable. And I believe I saw an advertisement mentioning their ribs can be FedExed... Hehe. 

Mary

Large order of the famous Rendevouz ribs with baked beans & coleslaw