Little Goat

Little Goat Diner has been on my to-do list for a long time now so I was super excited when my mom and I decided we were going there for lunch last Wednesday.  Having been, all I can say is that you've goat to try this place. Ha.

The openness of the restaurant and the light coming in from the windows was a pleasant reminder that sunshine and spring-time are just around the corner.  The mirrors made the restaurant feel airy and spacious. I loved the cute goat-themed details in everything from the logo on the plates to the adorable paper napkin ring.  Just being in this place makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

Then the food puts you over the top.

I chose the Dark Chocolate Chip Crunch Pancakes served with chocolate malt butter.  Holy goat.  I was celebrating National Pancake Day a day late and have had chocolate chip pancakes before but these quickly topped all previous expectations.  The bitterness of the dark chocolate chips was a nice compliment to the sweetness of the pancake batter. The crunch contrasted heavenly with the softness of the pancakes.  So delicious and filling that I had to take half of the order home as leftovers.

My mom had the Sloppy Goat which is a sloppy joe "gone goat" topped with rosemary slaw upon a squish squash roll.  Still unclear was a squish squash roll is, but I got to try a bite and it was amazing!  The combination of goat meat and rosemary slaw was an interesting variation of the traditional sloppy joe and both my mom and I were impressed.  Overall, two great choices that we definitely recommend to anyone visiting the diner.

I know understand why all of my friends are obsessed with Little Goat.  Great food, fun atmosphere and a fantastic location.  Loving all of the restaurants nearby and hopefully I'll get to try the sister restaurant, Girl and the Goat, sometime soon to compare.

Happy eating everyone!
Mary



Dark chocolate chip crunch pancakes

Sloppy Goat